Back to wall toilet - fits tight
up to furniture unit, false wall or stud wall. A cistern concealed
within the unit or boxed in the wall connects to the pan by
a short flush-pipe.
- see sink.
- panel that sits along the side of the bath to provide a
neat finish and hide the pipe work.
- is an item, similar in appearance to a toilet,
however it projects water that is used for personal cleaning.
- a jet of water that images from a shower panel.
- the area in which water is held for flushing of the toilet.
Sometimes known as tank or closet.
toilet - water sits directly on top of the toilet pan,
which is fixed to the floor, and the cistern is fixed to the
Bath - taps and plughole are postioned in the centre
of the bath allowing seating at both ends of the bath.
High level toilet
– has a cistern that is mounted high on the wall and
connected to the pan by a long flush-pipe, the flush is powerful
and operated by a pull-chain and handle.
- a sink that is sunk into a vanity unit or countertop.
Low level toilet
– has a cistern, which is fixed above the toilet pan
to the wall, and is connected by a short flush-pipe. The cistern
is most likely operated by a lever on the front of the cistern,
and due to the height of the cistern (and gravity) the flush
will probably be more aggressive than that in a close coupled
Bath - bath shaped to fit into a corner of the room
with curved outside edge which is tapered at one end to fit
the space available.
Roll Top Bath
- top edge of the bath is rolled to give a smooth rounded
Sink - a sink that is partially fitted into a unit
or countertop, where the front of the basin protrudes from
the fitted area.
- a shaped bath that is built specifically for containing
a shower at one end.
Bath - taps and plughole are at one end of the bath,
seating position at the other end of the bath.
- an item used for containing water that is fixed to a wall
or floor and having a drainpipe.
- traditional style freestanding bath, where the seating end
of the bath has a far higher side than feet end of the bath.
shower - shower where the temperature is regulated
so that it remains constant.
- Contemporary plain bowl often placed on a countertop.
hung toilet - suspended or hanging toilet
- is fixed tight up to the wall but does not reach to the
floor. The cistern is concealed within the unit or wall connects
to the pan by a short flush pipe.